This Agreement was last modified on December 27, 2018.
Who we are
StoreForce Solutions Inc.’s registered office is at 91 Tycos Drive, Suite #202, North York, Ontario, M6B 1W3, (Canada) and is a company registered under the laws of Ontario, Canada. StoreForce Limited’s registered office is at 170 North St, Brighton, BN11EA, (United Kingdom) and is a company registered under the laws of England and Wales. StoreForce Australia Pty Ltd’s registered office is at 1A Mawson Parade, Chifley, NSW, 2036, (Australia), and is a company registered under the laws of New South Wales, Australia. StoreForce Africa (PTY) LTD’s registered office is at 1 The Courtyard, 18 Youngs Way, Tokai, Western Cape, South Africa, 7945, and is a company registered under the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
StoreForce Solutions Inc., StoreForce Limited, StoreForce Australia Pty Ltd and StoreForce Africa (Pty) Ltd (collectively “StoreForce”, or “we” or “our” or “us”) gather and process your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the relevant data protection Regulation and laws. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and our obligations, and explains how, why and when we process your personal data.
We and act as the data processor when processing your data. Our designated Data Protection Officer can be contacted at the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information That We Collect
StoreForce processes your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our products and services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than as specified in this notice.
The personal data that we collect from our website forms and customer/prospects:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Company Name
- Email Address
- Phone Number
As a processor for your employer (our customers) collect with our software:
- Job Title
- Employee Status
- Sales performance data
- Hours worked history
- Employee availability
- Time off requests
- Clock in and out times
- What activities within the store the employee is qualified to complete
- Keyholder status
- Pay Rate (Optional)
- Phone Number (Optional)
- Email address (Optional)
We collect information in the below ways:
- Submitted by you, the individual to us by:
- Website Contact Forms
- Business Cards
- Inbound Emails and Telephone correspondence
- By your employer through our application by:
How We Use Your Personal Data (Legal Basis for Processing)
StoreForce takes your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent; unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purpose(s) specified in this notice. Where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw this consent at any time.
The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below:
- As a processor for your employer: We collect your personal data in the performance of a contract or to provide a service and to ensure that work schedules and correspondence with you is possible through our application.
- As an employee of StoreForce: We collect and store your personal data as part of our legal obligation for business accounting and tax purposes
- As a customer or prospect: We will occasionally send you marketing information where we have assessed that it is beneficial to you as a customer and in our interests. Such information will be non-intrusive and is processed on the grounds of legitimate interests
You have the right to access any personal information that StoreForce processes about you and to request information about:
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to do so as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request the erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing (where applicable) in accordance with the data protection laws; as well as to object to any direct marketing from us. Where applicable, you have the right to data portability of your information and the right to be informed about any automated decision-making we may use.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. StoreForce uses third-parties to provide the below services and business functions; however, all processors acting on our behalf only process your data in accordance with instructions from us and comply fully with this privacy notice, the data protection laws and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
Third Party Providers:
Rackspace – We use Rackspace to host and backup data for our application. It is part of our contracts to secure information in a private cloud for our customers (your employer).
SalesForce.com – Customers and Prospects are entered into our customer relationship management system.
StoreForce takes your privacy seriously and takes every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place,
- TLS Encryption: for customers to access our application securely
- Database encryption: For any information inside databases or backups of our software
- Pseudonymisation/Obfuscation: For when your employer no longer needs your personal details in the application for example: after your employment has ended
- Restricted Role-based access: for administrators and users of our software to ensure they only have access to details about you they need
- Security Infrastructure: Best in class tools in our hosting environment and for our staff to protect from malicious activities including:
- Next Generation Firewalls/Mail Filters: to protect our systems from any network-based attacks.
- Anti-virus/malware: To protect hosts from malicious software or scripts.
- Endpoint detection and response: To examine operating systems for undesirable activity or changes
- Vulnerability Scanning: To look for flaws in operating systems and applications which might put systems at risk of cyber threat.
- 24/7 Security Monitoring: A team of individuals to monitor and use these tools and others to protect our systems 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
Transfers Outside the EU
Personal data in the European Union is protected by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) but some other countries may not necessarily have the same high standard of protection for your personal data. StoreForce does not transfer or store any personal data for clients or prospects operating within the GDPR zone outside of the EU.Consequences of Not Providing Your Data [if relying on statutory/contractual requirement basis]
You are not obligated to provide your personal information to StoreForce., however, as this information is required for us to provide your employer with our services and deliver information about our products and your legitimate interests, we will not be able to offer some/all our services without it.
As noted in the ‘How We Use Your Personal Data’ section of this notice, we occasionally process your personal information under the legitimate interests’ legal basis. Where this is the case, we have carried out a thorough Legitimate Interests’ Assessment (LIA) to ensure that we have weighed your interests and any risk posed to you against our own interests; ensuring that they are proportionate and appropriate.
We use the legitimate interests’ legal basis for processing your personal details on behalf of your employer for scheduling purposes. We have identified that our interests are legitimate because
- the processing is not required by law but is of a clear benefit to you;
- there’s a limited privacy impact on the individual;
- the individual should reasonably expect you to use their data in that way; and
- you cannot, or do not want to, give the individual full upfront control (i.e. consent) or bother them with disruptive consent requests when they are unlikely to object to the processing.
How Long We Keep Your Data
StoreForce only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. We are required under the tax laws in the jurisdictions in which we operate to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 7 years after termination after which time it will be destroyed.
Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
Special Categories Data
StoreForce does not process any special category data.
Occasionally, StoreForce Solutions Inc. would like to contact you with the products/services/promotions that we provide. If you consent to us using your contact details for this purpose, you have the right to modify or withdraw your consent at any time by using the opt-out/unsubscribe options or by contacting StoreForce directly.
Lodging A Complaint
StoreForce only processes your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
StoreForce Solutions Inc.
Data Protection Officer
91 Tycos Dr #202, North York, ON M6B 1W3 CANADA
416-642-7438 | email@example.com
To find the appropriate Supervisory Authority see this list: